Skip to main content

Guest Post: Jennifer Joyce - A Day In The Life Of A Book

A Day In The Life of A Book


09:00
I know I’m early. My author has to take her kid to school, pop to Asda, put the kettle on, blah blah blah. But I’m eager for us to get going on this. I’ve been sitting in the book folder on her laptop, waiting ever so patiently, but I have my limits, you know.

09:15
She’s home! I can hear her pottering about in the kitchen, putting the bread and milk away. There goes the kettle. Cup. Spoon. Teabag. Sugar (she wrote a book about losing weight, you know. And she still has sugar in her tea. Ha! Talk about a work of fiction.) Come on, woman!

09:20
At last! She’s sitting with her laptop. Hold on, hold on. Pinterest? No, lady, you need to be opening up your book file (aka yours truly). YOU NEED TO BE WORKING.

09:30
Ok, she’s had enough of looking at craft stuff she’ll never be able to make herself. She’s going to close the window and get on with some actual work now. Come on! I am so ready for this! WE CAN DO THIS. Whoa, what are you doing there, missus? Twitter? You have got to be kidding me. I give  up.

09:35
Ok, we’re in business. Spotify is on, playing S Club 7 radio (not my choice in music, I can assure you, but what can I do? I’m just a word file). I’m open on her computer screen. She’s going in, people. Let’s do this!

10:13
Well, that lasted 38 minutes. She’s off again. What for this time? Facebook? YouTube? Pinterest again? Oh, she’s going to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. Ok, I’ll let her have that one.

10:39
See, this is what happens when you give someone an inch – they take a mile. Or, in this case, 26 minutes. 26 minutes to eat a bowl of cereal? (It was Cornflakes, in case you’re interested). Does she think I don’t know that she’s sneaking back onto Twitter? That I didn’t see her having a quick scroll through Facebook? Come on, slacker. I’m not going to write myself, you know.

12:30
She didn’t do too badly for the rest of the morning. There was the odd bout of window-gazing (there is nothing but next door’s car and a lamppost to see out there) and she checked her email (she had no new ones *sniggers* What a loser!) but other than that, she got her head down and we’ve
started to make some progress. I’ve granted her a lunch break now. I’m not completely unreasonable, you know.

13:15
We’re back! Jennifer’s had her lunch and we’ve caught up on an episode of Coronation Street. She’s been back on Twitter and Pinterest (shocking, I know) and now we’re ready to get back to work. With NO slacking this time. Hmm.

14:15
Tea break (aka Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest/Anything-But-Writing break). Stop faffing, woman!


15:00
School run time. See you tomorrow, Jennifer. Preferably without the distractions.


Author Bio

Jennifer Joyce is a writer of romantic comedies who lives in Manchester with her husband and their two daughters. A Beginner’s Guide To Salad, Everything Changes But You and The Mince Pie Mix-Up are out now.

You can find out more about Jennifer and her books at
Blog: www.jenniferjoycewrites.co.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jenniferjoycewrites
Twitter: www.twitter.com/writer_jenn


       


Book Links: 


A Beginner’s Guide To Salad: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HTMHJ8S
Everything Changes But You: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MWAR5B8
The Mince Pie Mix-Up: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mince-Pie-Mix-Up-Jennifer-Joyce-ebook/dp/B016HLUXC0/

Comments